Wednesday, February 6, 2008

the techy groove !!!

life has got into the fifth gear, with me taken aback to the back seat, just gazing with a hell lot of questions fuming with every passing minute. After beaten up by the confusions on the way, when I luckily reached office at around 10.30am, cab was ready to leave for the fault location at gurgaon. I insisted the technical engineer to plz take me along to grasp some folds of techy stuff. he tried to persuade me wid every possible intuitions he could thought of LIKE :
ITS AN LT(low tension) FAULT, TAKE MORE TIME..
IT MAY TAKE ARND 7-8 HOURS THERE.
IT MAY BE A SHORT CIRCUIT FAULT…blab bla bla…
But I was rather more bemused by just the thought of putting my mind under more stress for such stuff. believe me, I COULD HAVE TURNED DOWN THE OFFER OF ‘CS’ OUT FOR A DATE AT THAT TIME.
So after we kick start our journey, every bit of it enthralled me to the highest. “gurgava” dats how everybody pronounces it. Yep, it was an LT fault, cable had given a hard time a day before to the local electricians. So this time, all eyes were set upon us to do some magic to locate faults. Started off with the ultrasonic method to find the loophole in the cable near the joint box. Well, its always very very hard nut to crack to accurately discover the actual wizard. Koi naa, I have leapt through so many methods of finding it. Lets short circuit all the phases n check it with neutral at every point, hmmmmmmmmmm still no clue where it’s hiding. Its already 5pm in evening. Clamp the cable to apply the lamp method to confirm the type of fault. Yups, it was a phase to phase fault. Gosh, its getting typical n tired too. Keep staring at every check point, yet no clue. We had almost dug arnd 10 meters of cable with just one thought running in mind, WE’LL GET THE BREAKDOWN AT THIS POINT.
Aaaaaahhhh, my body is cramped. Yea cab is on its way. Eyes were never anxious n heart was never brimmed with such a longing. I could have never awaited looking for my gf for such a long time. On the way back, eyes were dancing as if I was boozed off. Highways came n passed by in an instant and I was back to home. Still I can say I learnt a lot, dug upto the sea to the concepts of cables.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, ALL THAT MATTERS IS WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNT BUT NOT WHAT YOU HAVE ACHIEVED YANKING AT OTHERS…!!!

No comments: