Monday, June 9, 2008

my life..

Those echoes of the school bell rung after every 40 minutes had the crescendo effect upon me. One-hour journey back home in that juggernaut bus, loaded with out poured contents, were the happiest times. As I had the last stop, driver used to wake me up from my sweetest slumber after that regular visit to gatherings of nerds. Shouldering the inescapable books, buried under the expectations of whole world, came back crawling to home. Munching the lunch lying on my table never gave me any pleasure, yet swallowed down the every bit of it. I never shirked doing my sheets; my mind masked it being the universal karma of every beleaguered soul like me.

Employing me in cricket has profound memories bucked with my heart. A small skeptic visit to temple like a prodigal follower soothed my mind. Reason never concerned with any religious sentiments rather getting a break from the endless sheets piled over my shelf. Regular tests at home to horn my skills were the most maligned times for me that brought out the stupendous results. “Please god, gift me a break from these regular tests today”, bemoaning to almighty in most humble manners. Escaping tests used to be the splendid moments that I would have had ranked higher over any other happy shot in my life. As any other teenager glued to the cricket mania, I loved to cheer over the boundaries in initial fifteen overs. Entrenched in the fantasy world of NFS (need for speed), picking a black polished car with tainted windows driving frantically, and wishing one day I would fill up the empty porch with the same car. Monsoons lashing out all over daily routines, i love skidding over the frictionless mud plates. Drowned in the pool of water through that narrow lane caged by wheat fields, I splashed down my way for mandir in the rains. Throwing pebbles in the stagnant water making negligible disturbance was the game I had excelled always. Looking at the settling dusk over the long streams of water nearby my home is the coveted view I always long to relish. Though I never confessed, dogs scared me to the hell at every moment. Walking legs got numb, soul unconscious over the witty dogmatic view yet I never uttered a voice out of my stammered tongue. Ignoring those black mammoth animals with feeble glitter in my eyes, I galloped fast enough splitting milk over the floor as if leaving the proof of my courageous acts.

Eating that half-baked food in the lunch sessions brought me to tears every time, I hate it even now. One could never be saviour to my plight except that canteen in my school. Yet had to face even bigger hurdle of saving money, I never had those scuffed rotten pieces of papers enough to snatch a couple of samosa and chilled drink. Yet I was content sharing the half of that delicious meal with my financier friends hiding my sneer emotions. Playing cricket under the sweltering heat never wriggle out the passion to continue it for a while.

I am dumbfounded, speechless to express my feelings brimmed with sheer joy upon hearing the bell rung for the last period. I flied out of that hell in the most fanatical manner as if bulging out from the jail after serving endless life sentences. Making way through the mob carrying my priceless books, roaring and lifting the dust with our marching feet, every journey leading to the exit, every mind encapsulating the torn pieces after long baffling sessions in school and that rare spirit of passion, one could never see in this obnoxious world.

to be continued...

2 comments:

Geetanjali Yadav said...

claps claps..
what a vivid description i must say..
fabulous!

Aseem Rambani said...

hmmm..well its not so vivid for everyone out thr..

thanks a lot :)