Thursday, June 16, 2011

"S" making a buzz !!

Few days ago, i was fed up with my routine of attending my lab for most of the day and rest spent in sleeping. So badly i wanted to change it that i would do anything for the sake of 'change'. I paid up for the charges apart from tuition fees last week, and was regretting to pay $100 for the recreation center which would not be visited more than once in a week. My friend suggested," Why don't you accompany me for swimming since i am going to start practicing from the tomorrow." To be frank, swimming was never made for me and to me, it was god's gift to very few who could swim in those deep waters. I was rather content watching it on National Geography than to experience it myself. I nodded to the plan and brought the swimming glasses next evening. I never knew chlorinated waters could be so harmful for the eyes. I was amazed to see the count of young girls and boys at the pool center, yet reluctantly i entered one empty lane of pool which was 5 feet deep. Few tips were already passed on to me. First day as always was different, i couldn't learn much as expected from me though i have erased the term hydrophobia from my dictionary.


After practicing for 45 minutes, i (with my friend) went to the "whirlpool". It was a pool with flowing currents of water in a circular manner, so if anybody know swimming, all you need is to float and rotating waters will take you with the stream. Guys were really enjoying there and sure it was a fun to dive into the rotating stream trying to float. It was followed by a shower in giant tub of hot water spring and then "sauna". This word i heard it for the first time ever. With nice tracks played in the background, a sea built indoor with every imagined pool, big heaters warming up the place all the time, splashing of water in the pool-volleyball; May be that's the reason why they call it a land of abundance. Even on a weekend, when very few would come for the swimming, you could see those warm currents of water, splashing whirlpool with nobody there. I feel sorry for this nation for wasting so much energy in this leisurely acts, at a time when rest of the world (including US) is running out of resources.


Getting up early so as to reach lab in time, working till 5pm and then rushing to the recreation center. Nothing really happening over my research project these days, these are the moments i look forward to, else in a routine not worth-mentioning. I am sure with my previous experiences of fun-frolic days that it won't last so long. After few days, the fun-factor would be missing, still i'll continue for leaning.


For the time being, Study>>Swimming>>Sauna>>Sleep>>Study and so on...

3 comments:

saurabh said...

bhaji.. kya baat hai.. fir swimmer ban gae.. :)

Arun Goyal said...

Dude you have to play Arun for sometime...............it will be ok.

Aseem Rambani said...

Haha..i agree only being Arun i can live life king size :p