Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sachin Tendulkar


This one man has that potential to divert the dreams of every child, who doesn't know how to write, but surely does enough how to bat.

The craze for this name defies all logic. Just the flash of his name can make anyone feel the chillness across the globe. He has left no front to prove his worthiness for cricket. I vividly have many memories of my school days. I used to run from my school, used to complete my homework copies with never such enthusiasm, so that I might not miss a single shot of this maestro. I used to pray to god that sachin won't fail in that day's match in my evening prayers.

And watching him getting out early was nevertheless gunfire on my hopes; heart sank down to bottom seeing his marching feet towards pavilion. A sheer disgusting pack of emotions, then blaming him that he never played well when required the most.

When he scored a century, it felt as if this is for what he's playing for. Its his duty to score a century. Just imagine, what could be the load of expectations on this so-called "GOD" of cricket? Those burdens spattered over the field as this guy made his way towards the pavilion, crushing the hopes of many, while those many hearts couldn't do much just heaving a grieved sigh.

Every youngster's role model, once I used to dream if I would wake up one morning with god gifting me the same talent that sachin possessed, how pleasant it would be !!

The applaud for this matchless personality can never be described better than below:

"Beneath the helmet, under that unruly curly hair, inside the cranium, there is something we don't know, something beyond scientific measure. Something that allows him to soar, to roam a territory of sport that, forget us, even those who are gifted enough to play alongside him cannot even fathom. When he goes out to bat, people switch on their television sets and switch off their lives."

BBC Sports once quoted it.

No comments: